Sunday, November 05, 2006

Real LYS

I went to my first REAL Local Yarn Store. It was soo awesome.. and only about 30 miles away, which isn't that bad because I was willing to buy yarn when I was in New York City with my mom when we were there approx a month ago. Anywho, there was soo much to look at that I was dumbfounded on what I would actually buy. It was there about 40 minutes and came away with (5) skeins of Cascade 220, which was on sale for $4.95 a skein and (3) skeins of sock yarn, 100 gr each... althoughter I spent about $55 dollars.

I should take some stash pictures but I actually started a top down cardigan (pattern from cosmic pluto, google to find it)... I am already on my second skein and really love how it is coming along. I think the sizing will be a bit tight in the bust area but everything is tight on me in the bust area. I really hope when I block it that it comes out nice because this is the first cardi that I made for myself.

In other news, X-mas gifts have been started and I need to make a good list of things and find out what I need and when:

(1) pair of black/red socks (Scott), FINISHED
(1) pair of fruity colored socks (My Mom), FINISHED
(1) felted booga bag (Jeremy's Mom), 1/3 done..I cord is done so I'm happy
(1) basketweave scarf + panta (Sam), 1/2 scarf done, Panta not started
(1) neckwarmer with my own pattern (My Dad), not started, didn't write pattern
(1) skull scarf or other skull related item (Gina ), not started-didn't decide yet

I also need to complete a Big Bad Baby Blanket and baby cardigan for mid-January, both are started, the blankee is past the half way point and the cardigan is 3/4 done, there is 1/2 sleeve done with another to be completed.

I also want to dye some Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, natural with some Kool Aid and make the "my so called scarf"... I did a few rows of it with some acrylic and it is an easy pattern with a really nice result. This might end up on the FOR ME! list :)


No comments: