Saturday, January 19, 2008

General Update

Mr Tealjeans is going strong. I have a big chunk of the cable rib done and I will be casting off the bottom within the next week. I kinda dread working on the sleeves for a few reasons. I don't like working on dpns or magic loop with a giant monstrosity of sweater constantly turning and twisting as I work on it. It also gets pretty monotonous even tho I will most likely add special decreases so the sleeve are a good fit. I have short arms and want to make sure the cables start in the right place. I am thinking about adding a lifeline at the sleeve joint just incase I knit up a sleeve and hate the fit.

Neapolitan socks are coming along nicely also. I have one down and I am to the heel turn on the second one. I will hope to hack away at these tomorrow while doing some football knitting. I think that is the best time of the year..lol - playoff football=great knitting. I am not sure if I'm keeping these socks, I like the colors which I have started to call "neo" socks but I'm not too savy on the acrylic feel on my feet, even if these are just house socks.

I want to start my Feb socks for the KAL after the "neo" socks but I don't know if that is a legal move. I am itching to start either broadripple socks or roundabout socks. I may do Jaywalkers in Opal Neon... so many choices and not enough knitting hours in the day!

I started a BSJ(Baby Surprise Jacket) with some Bernat Softee in some really brite colors that I have in my stash. I guess I don't know how to count because I am about 20 rows in and I have to frog the entire thing. My decreases are soooo wonky and cannot be fixed. Two hours down the knitting drain. poopsicles.

My mom was calling me incessantly the other day because she wanted to know how to wash her socks that I made for January's commitment. I told her that there are three ways you can do it. If you want them to last hand wash and dry flat. If you want them to be really clean then machine wash and lie flat. If you want them soft but possibly eaten by the dryer then machine wash and machine dry.
She said "I'll machine wash and dry those"...."if they get eaten you will make me new ones"...pfftt she is sooooo right.




No comments: