Monday, June 02, 2008

52 pair plunge kickoff


Monkeys and Cables Twists.....


I started and finished this sock yesterday. I am really liking Neon Monkeys! This is my second pair of Monkey socks in Opal Neon. This if my first sock for the 52 pair plunge kick off, now I just need to do it's mate. I only did 4 repeats on the cuff because I don't really like high cuffs and they don't fit well with my thicker calves. This is the um, the fourth sock that doesn't have a mate.... help! I am sinking in second sock syndrome - but yet I cast on another sock that isn't a second. What is wrong with this picture!


So speeding along.....I started this sock yesterday after completing the first Neon Monkey. I want to finish these socks before the weekend. There will be no second sock syndrome with this one. I am really going to try, really try and if I don't succeed then I will have five socks without a mate.

Pattern: Cable Twist Socks
Yarn: Regia Royal
Needles: KP Size 1 circulars
I changed up the pattern just a bit to be 64 stitches and the repeats are k6, p2 instead of k5, p2


So really now.. keep your fingers crossed for a second sock to come from somewhere.

Socks in need of a mate:
Carolina
Charade
Neon Monkey
Steelers sock (this is 45% done)

I need to start doing two at a time, maybe magic loop method....


No comments: