Sunday, December 02, 2007

Sock stash

Long time no post. I pretty much just read the knitting posts on livejournal. I joined a sock KAL and I figure I might as well capture the insanity that is my sock stash. I never realized how much knitpicks sock yarn I have. I normally buy enough from knitpicks so that I get free shipping so last time I bought tons of their new sock essential colors. So here it is, luckily it snowed last night and the other half is outside shoveling so I can take pix and not worry about him seeing the real size of the stash. I figure I have enough to make at least 20 socks, but I didnt take pictures of any of the partial skeins. Also, Santa is bringing me 7 skeins of Opal Neon (from littleknits.com...it's 60% OFF right now) and I just bought some Regia from Destash so that should take me to almost FOURTY PAIRS OF SOCKS. So joining a knit-a-long will help me to keep a goal of making at least one pair of socks a month.







2 comments:

Jerry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jerry said...

Nice stash build going on there. You know it's a slippery slope. Soon your wil be at 55 or 60 pairs. Knit Picks gets you with the $45.00 for free shipping. We jumped from 20 pair to 70 in just one year. Stay away from the sock clubs and the indie dyers. I cant knit as fast as the sock club yarn is coming let alone the emotional purchases when you see or feel the most amazing colors or luxury fibers from your enabling knit group(s).